Deployment is the act of releasing (changes to) software and make it accessible to end-users. Deployment refers to the technical measures involved in releasing software (changes).
Special Forms of Deployment
- Blue/Green Deployment: Run two identical production environments called Blue and Green, and aim for zero-downtime.
- Canary Release: Slowly rolling out changes to a small subset of users before rolling them out to everybody.
- Canary Release vs. Blue/Green Deployment (StackOverflow)
- Blue/Green Deployment (Martin Fowler)
- Canary Release (Martin Fowler)
- More deployment strategies (OpenShift, Kubernetes)
- Feature Flags, Toggles
comments powered by Disqus